This pineapple banana smoothie has no artificial anything in it so not only is it healthy, it is guilt free! Most smoothie recipes are filled with sugars, fruit juice, and yogurt. Generally, there is no need to added sweeteners from juice, yogurt or refined sugars which all add additional and unnecessary calories (however tasty those additions may be). I like to keep my smoothies simple and clean with only one power up, which in this case is fresh coconut water.
- Bananas contain tryptophan which can help to decrease depression.
- Click here to read more food facts
Since moving to the tropics of Costa Rica we are enjoying more freshly picked fruit right where we live! The property we are renting has so many fruit trees and right now the coconuts, pineapple and bananas are ripe. As you all know, fresh fruit right from your own tree, bush, or garden is amazing!
I had never seen a pineapple growing on its own bush before. Did you know the plant only produces one pineapple in its lifetime and it takes 1 to 3 years to grow! Once the pineapple is grown the plant begins to die but it makes little babies so more pineapple can grow. When we eat a pineapple we chop off the top and just plop it right down in the ground and it starts growing.
Here is my video for making the Pineapple Banana Smoothie:
Here is a video of us harvesting the fruit for the smoothie right where we live:
Products I use in this Recipe
The following list provides products that I use to prepare this recipe at home. This list contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Some of the prices are great bargains while others might not be. I share these links with you to help you choose products that you may be unfamiliar with. Compare prices because many of these products are available at your local health food store or even neighborhood grocer. See my disclosure for details on affiliate links.
- Smoothies are always best made in a high-speed blender. I love my Vita-Mix blender because the smoothies are so smooth and creamy.
- I prefer to put my smoothie in a stainless steal cup because it keeps the smoothie nice and cold.
- We like to keep waste to a minimum so we no longer use plastic straws and instead use our own from either our Coco-Jack kit or stainless steel ones which come with a straw cleaner.
- Cutting pineapple can be a bit of a pain but this amazing pineapple slicer/corer makes the job a breeze.