These 3 ingredient coconut macaroons are sweetened with wholesome mangos and maple syrup. They come together really quickly for a healthy sweet treat! Add melted chocolate and sliced almonds to make them a little more sinful!
I love sweets, it’s no secret! A day just does not feel complete if I have not eaten some kind of sweet treat. I used to love to chow down on almond joy or mounds candy bars. They were so small that I could easily eat 4 of them and pack on the pounds and shoot up my sugar! But, as we all know processed candy bars are far from healthy and are generally addicting. These coconut macaroons are a much healthier choice than any candy bar and you still feel like you are indulging.
I love mangos and put them in so many things but my youngest is not a big fan of them. For him I have to either omit the mango or greatly reduce the amount so the flavor is not overpowering for him. Easily adjust the mango or maple flavors by adding or subtracting the fresh mango or pure maple syrup in the recipe.
Products I use in this Recipe
The following list provides products that I use to prepare this recipe at home. This list contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Some of the prices are great bargains while others might not be. I share these links with you to help you choose products that you may be unfamiliar with. Compare prices because many of these products are available at your local health food store or even neighborhood grocer. See my disclosure for details on affiliate links.
- Make sure to buy dried coconut that is made without sulfites or added sugars. These brands are all great!
- 100% pure maple syrup keeps these much healthier than anything with high fructose corn syrup.
- There are many brands of vegan chocolate chips online that you can order. I buy the Kirkland brand chocolate chips because I can buy a big ole bag to last a long time.
- I generally use my Vita-Mix to blend the macaroons up in but a food processor or even a magic bullet will work great.
- I use a silicone baking mat to freeze the macaroons on so they do not stick to a plate.
- Store the coconut macaroons in freezer safe glass containers in the freezer.