Did You Know!?
- 1 cup of Blueberries has 84 calories, 0 grams of fat, 21 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber, 15 grams of sugar and 1 gram of protein.
- Blueberries are rich in Vitamin A, C, E and beta-carotene as well as the minerals potassium, manganese, and magnesium.
- Based on data from the USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging (Boston, MA), blueberries are among the fruits with the highest antioxidant activity and are an anti-cancer fruit.
- Eating Blueberries helps to preserve vision due to age related eye diseases. The compound anthocyanoside present in the fruit helps to slow down visual loss.
- The high percentage of Anthocyanins in Blueberries helps to combats E. Coli.
- Eating Blueberries can help reduce the damaging affects of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia due caused by oxidative stress.
- Eating Blueberries is know to reduce the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Blueberries may enhance learning capability and memory power.