Did You Know!?
- 1 medium Tomato contains just 22 calories, 0 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fiber, 3 grams of sugar and 1 gram of protein.
- Tomatoes are a good source of Vitamin E, Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper, Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Potassium and Manganese.
- A Tomato contain approximately 40-50% of your daily value of vitamin C.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene which has been indicated to reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
- Tomatoes also stave off other cancers such as rectal cancer,cervical cancer, colon cancer, and cancers of the stomach, mouth, pharynx, and esophagus by consuming high levels of Lycopene.
- Ketchup made with organic tomatoes has 3 times as much cancer fighting carotenoid and lycopene as non-organic kinds.