Did You Know!?
- 1/2 cup of firm Tofu contains 88 calories, 5 grams of fat, 0 grams of cholesterol, 2 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fiber and sugar, and a whopping 10 grams of protein!
- Tofu is a good source of Protein, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Copper and Selenium, and a very good source of Calcium and Manganese.
- Generally, the softer the tofu, the lower the fat content.
- Tofu is also very low in sodium, making it a perfect food for people on sodium-restricted diets.
- Studies indicated that people who consume diets high in soy have significantly lower rates of osteoporosis, heart disease, certain types of cancers (colon, prostate and breast) and have less hormonal fluctuations and reproductive or female problems. The evidence is but by no means conclusive as the jury is still out. If you look at the China Study you would tend to believe the benefits of non GMO soy.
- Tofu contains isoflavones which are linked to improve health and less disease of many types mentioned above.