This is veggie miso soup is a quick and easy meal to throw together when you don’t have a ton of time. The flavor is very mild and simple but you can spice it up with some creativity if you want to. I enjoy the simplicity of this soup which appeals to my kids so they eat it up.
Don’t you love all the TV shows that claim you can make a meal in 5 or 10 minutes? Have you ever noticed they have all the ingredients prepared right in front of them so all they have to do it throw it together. Sure, many meals could take 5 or 10 minutes once you wash and cut up all the ingredients!
This soup takes around 30 minutes total which includes chopping and cooking. I consider a 30 minute meal quick when you’re talking whole food plant-based meal.
Products I use in this Recipe
The following list provides products that I use to prepare this recipe at home. This list contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Some of the prices are great bargains while others might not be. I share these links with you to help you choose products that you may be unfamiliar with. Compare prices because many of these products are available at your local health food store or even neighborhood grocer. See my disclosure for details on affiliate links.
- I have used several different miso flavors, try your favorite one or experiment with something new.
- Rice noodles cook very quickly which is what makes this soup so quick.
- Although I do not eat a gluten-free diet I prefer this organic gluten free soy sauce (tamari).
- I have met people who still do not know what edamame is, I know WHAT! But if you are one of those rare souls I encourage you to buy the organic edamame since they are non GMO.
- If you prefer to use powdered ginger make sure it is high quality and not older than a year because it loses its taste.