Christmas time, hmmm naughty or nice? I say naughty and these double chocolate chip peppermint cookies fit that bill big time! The naughty version is NOT low fat at all but are sure to please EVERYONE including those picky eaters! There’s always tomorrow to eat healthy! 🙂 BUT, if you are just as nice as nice can be and need a nice (healthier) cookie, then swap out the vegan butter with applesauce. Be prepared for slightly less rich and a bit fluffier cookies, still awesome though!
My teen daughter was craving candy canes and double chocolate cookies and wondered if I could make something with those two things together. I thought about it and this is what I came up with. And may I saw DAMN these babies are good!
Products I use in this Recipe
The following list provides products that I use to prepare this recipe at home. This list contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Some of the prices are great bargains while others might not be. I share these links with you to help you choose products that you may be unfamiliar with. Compare prices because many of these products are available at your local health food store or even neighborhood grocer. See my disclosure for details on affiliate links.
- When using flour, if possible, I like to use Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached Flour because it is not artificially fortified, is organic, and is unbleached.
- I generally favor ground flax seeds as my egg replacer but I have also used energy egg replacer and it works great too.
- Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips are vegan and very tasty but feel free to use any vegan chocolate chips you prefer.
- I prefer to cook oil free as much as possible. Using a silicone baking sheet not only keeps these cookies oil free but it keeps them from sticking to a pan.
- Regular McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract works great but when you want to splurge most of the organic brands really do taste better.
- Tru Sweets Organic Candy Canes are amazing and are free of artificial colors, flavors and high fructose corn syrup free! These really help balance the the naughty and nice of these cookies!