Did You Know!?
- 1 medium white Potato contains 161 calories, 0 grams of fat, 37 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber, 2 grams of sugar, 4 grams of protein.
- Potatoes are a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium and Manganese.
- A medium Potato has 45% of your daily requirements for Vitamin C.
- Potatoes are the number 1 vegetable in America today, unfortunately it is in the form of French fries and second form is the potato chip.
- Perforated plastic bags and paper bags offer the best environment for extending the potatoes shelf-life.
- Storing a Potato in the refrigerator causes it to release sugars and makes it taste sweeter when cooked but can cause discoloration and a more starchy texture.
- The fiber in Potatoes are half soluble and half insoluble which helps to keep you regular and lower your cholesterol.
- Avoid storing Potatoes with onions or apples because when close together, they produce gases that can spoil both.