Did You Know!?
- 1 cup of cooked split peas has 231 calories, 1 gram of fat, 41 grams of carbs, 16 grams of fiber, 6 grams of sugar and 16 grams of protein.
- source of Protein, Thiamin, Niacin, Folate, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin A, Calcium, Iron, Zinc and Fiber.
- Dried peas have isoflavones which can reduce the risk of breast and prostate cancer.
- The soluble fiber in dried peas can help to lower cholesterol by binding to the bile in the digestive tract and carrying it out of the bowel all while reducing constipation and digestive issues.
- The high soluble fiber content in dried peas will help those who have diabetes, hypoglycemia or other sugar related issue keep their blood sugar levels stable and under control.
- A cup of cooked peas will supply you with 20.3% of your daily need for potassium.
- One cup of split peas have 65.1% of the recommended daily fiber .
- Split peas come in yellow and green varieties, yellow peas are more mild and sweeter in flavor compared to green peas.