Did You Know!?
- 1 medium Onion has 44 calories, 0 grams of fat, o grams of cholesterol, 10 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 5 grams of sugar and 1 gram of protein
- Onions are a good source of vitamin C, chromium and dietary fiber. They are also a good source of manganese, molybdenum, vitamin B6, folate, potassium, phosphorus and copper.
- One cup of raw Onions contain over 20% of the trace mineral Chromium which helps to regular your your blood sugars.
- Regular consumption of onions has been show to lower cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Regular consumption of onions, as little as two or more times per week, is associated with a significantly reduced risk of developing colon cancer.
- Milk isn’t the only food that boosts bone health. Onions also help maintain healthy bones, suggests a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
- Onions should be stored at room temperature, away from bright light, and in a manner where they are well ventilated.
- All onions should be stored away from potatoes, as they will absorb their moisture and ethylene gas, causing them to spoil more readily.