Did You Know!?
- 1 ounce of Medjoil Dates contains 78 calories, 0 grams of fat, 21 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fiber, 19 grams of sugar and 1 gram of protein.
- Dates contain calcium, copper, manganese, selenium, vitamin A, iron, potassium, several B vitamins, and amino acids.
- The sugar in dates is a natural sugar so does not metabolize as fast as processed sugar and therefor does not spike as quickly.
- Dates are a great addition to your diet for eye health. They contain a good source of vitamin A and carotenoid which are both good source of antioxidants essential for eye health and potential protection against age related macular degeneration.
- The high content of iron in dates can help build iron stores in blood.
- The fiber and potassium in dates provides protection against many things from heart disease to strokes.
- Dates are made into date sugar which is safer for your blood sugar levels because it is less processed than cane sugar is.
- The selenium in dates can help to lower your risk of cancer, heart disease and keep your immune system running well.