Did You Know!?
- 1 medium Bell Pepper has only 24 calories, 0 grams of fat, 6 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 3 grams of sugar and 1 gram of protein.
- Bell Peppers are a rich source of beta carotene which help eradicate free radicals that cause damage to the body’s cells on the inside and out.
- Bell Peppers contain vitamin B6, folic acid, vitamin C,
- Bell Peppers contain lycopene (commonly known to be in tomatoes) and lycopene is known to reduce the risk of cervix, bladder, pancreatic and prostate cancer.
- Bell Peppers contain beta-cryptoxanthin which converts to Vitamin A in the body and this lowers your risk for developing lung cancer.
- One green bell pepper contains twice as much vitamin C as an orange!
- A red or yellow bell pepper can provide as much as 3 to 4 times more vitamin C than the daily value.