There are 3 families of cabbage, this is the information on the common, domestic, smooth leaf green or purple cabbage. Pictured below.
Did You Know!?
- 1/2 cup of shredded Cabbage has 19 calories, 0 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbs, 2 gram of fiber, 2 grams of sugar and 1 gram of protein.
- It is a good source of Protein, Thiamin, Calcium, Phosphorus and Copper, Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate, Magnesium, Potassium and Manganese.
- Cabbage is 22% protein by weight!
- 1 head of Cabbage has 11 grams of protein!
- Cabbage is part of the cruciferous vegetable family which is known to be a major anti-cancer family.
- Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C. It is also a very good source of fiber, manganese, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Cabbage is also a good source of vitamins, B1, B2, calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin A, and protein.
- Cabbage is very low in calories and it is good for weight loss.
- Cabbage has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cabbage is believed that cabbage juice helps in treating peptic ulcers.